Saturday 7 September 2013

Adventures of a Small Town Girl - Summer Edition

Hey everyone! How was your summer?

Well,my summer was pretty boring. Stayed home for the majority, a couple minor day trips here and there. Babysat a few times, hung out with friends. Oh yeah, and I went to the hospital too. Whoops.

So, it started out to be what looked like a small mosquito bite with a hole in it. Now, being the person I am, I got lotion in it, so I decided to get it out with a toothpick. Not smart. I discovered that I could stick the toothpick down the whole. It wasn't pretty.

A couple weeks later, I came home from babysitting with a very sore leg. I pulled up the leg of my jeans to discover my leg had swelled up to an impressive size on the surrounding area.

We visited the clinic the next day, where I got some medication, and was told to visit E.R. if the swelling got worse. It did. We went to E.R. the next day where the doctor cut of the top of the so-called "bite", and dug around a little in my leg.

Soon after, my mom and the doctor were talking and filling out forms. Since I am familiar with the feeling, I immediately started tapping my mom. When she turned around, can you guess what happened? I fainted.


So now that summer is pretty much over, and school has started, my life has once again become much busier. While I absolutely adore school, (and no, there is no sarcasm in that) I do truly miss the green leaves and thirty degrees weather. While it is still pretty hot where I live, it still isn't quite summer.






No comments:

Post a Comment