Tuesday 11 November 2014

Cozy-ifying Your Room

Okay. First of all, don't judge the title. Who cares if it isn't a real word. Whatever. Haters back off. Second, I tricked you there for a minute didn't I? You thought I wasn't coming back ever, right? You thought Hello Sunshine was gone forever... :( Well it isn't! In fact, lucky for you, I'm going to share a few ideas with you today! Here are a few of my ideas on how to cozy-ify your room...


First, as you can see from the picture, is a metal bin with some scarves and a pair of mittens in it. I know what you're thinking. What the heck. Why on earth would I keep a bin of mitts in my room? I don't keep them in my room, they were just for show. But, to the point, I like scarves. But, I struggle with knowing where to put them. So, I dug around through my house and found some metal bins that I got at Target a while back. And, attached to them were little chalkboards! How cute! (You can get the little chalkboard labels at Michaels). So, I decided to fill it with my cozy scarves. Hence, COZY scarves. An instant cozyifier. Also, the perfect storage solution for those pretty little pieces of fabric that sell for a fortune. Hmm... maybe I should start making my own...


Next, I love some good music. Especially on my record player. (From Urban Outfitters, by Crosley) Record players just make the music sound vintage and COZY. Yep. Another cozyifier. Now, I know it may seem early, but I do like to play Christmas records. (My personal favorite being Boney M.) But, if you aren't too keen on the idea of Christmas already, I've got you covered. I enjoy a good Frank Sinatra. And I think you will too. But hey, not everyone has a record player. That's okay! Just play your favorite cd in the cd player! Or maybe you wanna travel back in time and pull out the tape player. Yes, just cause I am of the modern age doesn't mean I am completely stupid in the ideas of the past. Anyways, some good jazz will do too.


Third, add some throw blankets and pillows. This one is quite obvious. Everyone likes to COZY UP with some fuzzy blankets and fluffy pillows. There is no doubt about that. The yellow chevron pillow and the blue birdie pillow are both from HomeSense, and the fuzzy pillows I found in my house. (As well with the throw blankets) Don't have any throw pillows or blankets? Don't worry! Target, HomesSense/HomeGoods, and many other places have some awesome pillows and blankets! Also, you'll notice my pillows aren't Christmas themed. They don't have to be Christmasy to be cozy! I just went with the colors of my room. Plus, the fuzz adds some warmth.


And finally, a Christmas tree. Now this is ultimately COZY. A Christmas tree is just the cherry on top. It just brings some warmth to the room with all the little lights. Plus, it's an automatic prettifier! How great is that?! And within this cozyifying tip, I have another little secret tip. Christmas lights add a great hint of coziness. Whether they're on your tree, or above your bed, like me, (I have some mini paper lanterns I picked up at Michaels) it just brings some sort of cozy warmth to your room.

Well, thanks for reading my rambling. Now lets just hope someone actually reads this. I've been working on this for quite a while...

So, as always, if you read this and enjoyed it, or even if you've got some constructive criticism, don't forget to let me know in the comment section below! I hope you have a wonderfully cozy day, wherever you are! (Even if it's snowing outside and you're still in your pyjamas at 5 o'clock like I am). Bye!

1 comment:

  1. I’m going to go home and cozy-fy my room RIGHT NOW!! These are some of the cutest decoration ideas I’ve ever seen!

    ReplyDelete